The HomeWAV system provides a unique, custom video visitation solution that has been adapted for use in detention facilities. Utilizing patented technology, with an emphasis on convenience and usability, HomeWAV maintains a singular position in the remote visitation industry. Let’s take a look at how HoveWAV compares to similar systems:
HomeWAV Visitation System
- With HomeWAV, off-site visits are simple and convenient for both inmates and their loved ones. Outgoing calls can be initiated from the detention facility without the need for advanced scheduling, allowing visitors to bypass strict scheduling in favor of an affordable, fee-based service.
- Thanks to ByPAS™ Scheduling Software, inmates and visitors are able to schedule on-site visits quickly and easily, without the assistance of facility staff.
- HomeWAV’s business model is designed to not profit from its government partners. We keep the cost of equipment and installation to a minimum, ensuring that attention to our product’s performance is the key driver of revenue.
- HomeWAV stands by the quality of its product, which is why we offer free maintenance for the first five years.
- There are no licensing fees associated with HomeWAV.
- The detention facility owns each HomeWAV unit from the first day.
- HomeWAV’s usage revenue is shared with the participating facility on a monthly basis.
- Conversations via HomeWAV don’t have a minimum talk time: they can be as short as one minute.
- Visits can be conducted using mobile devices: HomeWAV is compatible with Apple iOS and Android.
- HomeWAV is compatible with a variety of the most commonly used browsers on either PC or Mac computers.
- The majority of other internet-based visitation systems still require advance scheduling with little to no flexibility, making an online visit just as difficult and cumbersome as a visit to the facility itself.
- Other Internet-based visitation systems typically require the involvement of facility personnel to coordinate scheduling, resulting in discouraged users and wasted time.
- Some visitations systems can cost upwards of $6,000 per station. This high, front-end cost typically results in a decreased interest in ensuring consistency of performance for the long term.
- Our competitors charge to maintain their systems, beginning on day one.
- Competitors charge licensing fees to visitors and government agencies. This is true whether the system is used or not.
- Our competitors retain ownership of their equipment.
- Other visitation systems generate no revenue, garner less revenue, or defer revenue sharing altogether.
- Our competitors’ systems usually require a minimum visit length, whether that time is used or not.
- Some competitors have no apps.
- A majority of systems require the use of a specific browser to conduct conversations.